Last month Bob and Sally approached me to help them sell their home and move into a condo. I’ve been helping couples do this exact task for the past 30 years, so we set out to get er done. After living in the same home for 15 years they had lots of memories and lots of stuff, so letting go was hard. They had to down size, the de-cluttering process made their home larger and more attractive. As with any sale money was important, we reviewed market comparables and established a price that realistically reflected today’s market value. It helped to rationalize the move by remembering that condominium life was going to give them time to enjoy life, to travel, visit different cultures and to accomplish items on their bucket list. Pricing the home property, my extensive online marketing, and showing the home when it was spotlessly clean and tidy generated an acceptable offer in a timely fashion. Prior to the home sale closing we ventured into the condo shopping experience. We first identified their priorities, bedrooms, bathrooms, size, location, parking and price range. There were lots of choice is so we were able to refine our search to focus on building amenities and features that accommodated their hobbies, lifestyle, and activities like hiking, biking, photography and outdoor activities that help keep them physically active. It wasn’t long before we identify their ideal new surroundings, the building looked beautiful, it was close to all the amenities they frequented and the unit itself was well appointed with large sunny rooms, modern appliances and attractive fixtures. The gas fireplace and South facing balcony were desirable upgrades from their previous house, so it made the condo even more appealing. We negotiated a great purchase price assuring them a very comfortable budget to work within. We then set about reviewing the condominium estoppel documentation and having a home inspection completed on the unit. After discussing the bylaws, financial statements, the reserve fund study and the home inspectors report Bob and Sally were certain they were making the right choice for all the right reasons. Their new condo is going to eliminate the previous house maintenance tasks, reduce the amount of space and time required to clean and to free up their time to relax and enjoy life.
Bob and Sally’s story isn’t unique, hundreds of families have had the stress and pressure of selling their homes lifted right off their shoulders. The 28 point marketing plan I will initiate will get your home sold, quickly and at a price you are willing to accept without any high pressure tactics. When you are in the market to purchase a home you want to know that your realtor understands real estate cycles, they know the inventory, have experience with builders and bankers, and they are expert negotiators. Purchasing a home is likely to be the single largest investment you will ever make, when you have a choice, why wouldn’t you choose a realtor with 30 years of knowledge, marketing, and negotiating real estate experience?
My name is Terry Alm, these are the reasons you should hire me:
- Together we will showcase your home before listing.
- I will prepare a Comparative Market Evaluation
- We will price your home to sell and calculate your net proceeds.
- I will initiate my 28 point marketing plan to get your home sold.
- I will communicate regularly and report on all activity.
- I will market your property, provide comprehensive internet marketing.
- I will advise and negotiate the best price and terms for the sale of your property.
- I will co-ordinate the conveyancing and transfer of your property title.
- I will ensure all transaction details are professionally completed.
Who is Terry Alm?
- Professional Realtor® with 30 plus years’ experience selling residential real estate in and around Saskatoon. I deliver trustworthy advice guaranteed to provide my clients a competitive edge in a dynamic and challenging real estate market, which results in my clients achieving the best possible outcome for their unique real estate situation. As an independent contractor I undertake business planning, marketing, contract/financial management, market intelligence, social media presence and public relations.
- Extensive experience communicating (verbal, written and electronic), marketing, negotiating, preparing and interpreting financial statements.
- Decades developing an extensive contact network of private citizens, business people, volunteers and community leaders.
- Previous director and or executive positions with: Saskatoon Housing Initiatives Partnership – CEO & Director Government Relations & Development; Saskatoon Sun contributing author; Saskatoon City Councilor: participated as a director with Saskatchewan Urban Municipalities Association, Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority, Trustee of the Mendel Art Gallery, Saskatoon Prairieland Park Corporation, Tourism Saskatoon, Meewasin Valley Authority, Saskatoon Visitor & Convention Bureau, University of Saskatchewan Senate ; Leadership Saskatoon; Community Investment Support Program; Community Services Village; Saskatoon Real Estate Board; Saskatchewan Real Estate Association; Canadian Real Estate Association; Saskatoon United Way; Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce; Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce; Saskatoon Employment Access Resource Committee for Human Services; Junior Achievement; Saskatoon Home Builders Association; Saskatchewan Land Surveyors Association.
- I have helped thousands of people navigate through the buying and selling process. My commitment to exceptional service means that I honor clients with respect, honesty, integrity and accountability.
This is my guarantee to you:
I will be on the job marketing your home every day, attracting buyers who potentially may buy your home. I will negotiate on your behalf to secure the best price, terms and conditions for the sale of your home. I will communicate with you on a weekly basis what is happening with your particular home as it relates to the Saskatoon market. I will co-ordinate the conveyancing of your home between my office and your lawyer to ensure the closing occurs according to plan. If at any time you are unsatisfied with my service you can cancel our contract immediately.
When you choose to enter into a Buyers Brokerage contract with me I promise to identify and inform you of every property currently available for sale in and around Saskatoon that meets your specific wants and needs. Together we will view any and all homes that you feel may have the features and benefits you feel are important in your new home. I will represent your interests when we enter negotiations to purchase a property, my responsibility and commitment is to help you acquire your home at the best price with the best terms and conditions. I will assist you interpreting the results from a home inspection and advise you on your options. When you have chosen to purchase a condominium I will assist you to understand the corporations financial picture, their bylaws, rules and regulations, management agreement, budget and reserve fund study, these are very important considerations that require serious consideration. In order to move your offer through to closing I will assist your mortgage broker/banker, home inspector, land surveyor, appraiser, property manager, utility company, insurance provider and your lawyer with all of the information they may require in order to move the sale through to your possession according to the terms of the offer to purchase.
Whether buying or selling you can rest assured that I have your best interests in mind and will use my 30 years experience to guarantee results that will make you proud of your decision to work with me.
Please follow this link to gain instant access to all of the homes currently for sale in Saskatoon and area: https://www.saskatoonrealestatetheateam.com/